Pursue your studies in USA. Good news! The Cameron Impact Scholarship is currently open. In this article we will explain in detail about this scholarship, its benefits and step by step application process.
The Cameron Impact Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded undergraduate scholarship for US students. This scholarship covers the full tuition, fees, and books at any accredited U.S. based college or university that the recipient chooses to attend.
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is a four-year, full-tuition, merit-based undergraduate scholarship awarded annually to 10-15 exceptional high school students who have demonstrated excellence in academics, extracurricular activities, leadership, and community service.
The Cameron Impact Scholar is unique among their high-achieving peers in their desire to make an impact on their communities and in the world at large. Our Scholar aspires to contribute to positive forces for change and plans to tailor their education to that end. The Cameron Impact Scholarship covers the full tuition, fees, and books at any accredited U.S. based college or university that the recipient chooses to attend.
As a merit-based program, the Cameron Impact Scholarship is open to all applicants who meet the GPA and citizenship requirements, regardless of race, socioeconomic status, religion, sexual orientation or any other background factors. We are looking for young leaders with demonstrated passion and commitment to any variety of positive impact.
The Bryan Cameron Education Foundation firmly believes that it takes all kinds of people to make an impact. The diversity of one’s identity and background fuels the spirit of meaningful change. It is through equity and inclusion that we as the Bryan Cameron Education Foundation community can come together to drive the world forward and inspire others to do the same.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): Any Accredited College/university in USA
- Study in: USA
- Deadline: May 20, 2022 / September 09, 2022
Cameron Impact Scholarship provides the recipient with:
- The Cameron Impact Scholarship covers the full tuition, fees, and books at any accredited U.S. based college or university that the recipient chooses to attend.
- Expected grant up to $20000- $50000 per annum.
Eligibility Criteria for Cameron Impact Scholarship
To qualify for Cameron Impact Scholarship, candidate must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Maintain a minimum, cumulative, unweighted GPA of a 3.7/4.0 scale or equivalent in their high school studies;
- Be a full citizen of the United States of America;
- Be in the high school graduating Class of 2022, planning to enroll in a full-time course of study towards a degree at an accredited four-year U.S. college or university for the full academic year following high school graduation;
- Show proven excellence in extracurricular activities, be motivated leaders with a strong work ethic, demonstrate active participation in community service and/or civic minded arenas; and
How to Apply for Cameron Impact Scholarship?
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Cameron Impact Scholarship:
- Please visit official website to apply.
- Submit the following three components by the Application Deadline:
- Online Application;
- Two required Letters of Recommendation; and
- Transcript certifying academic performance.
There are two opportunities to submit the Initial Online Application:
- Early Application Deadline for the Class of 2023 is May 20, 2022 at 12:00pm PT (NOON)
- Regular Application Deadline for the Class of 2023 is September 9, 2022 at 12:00pm PT (NOON)
Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that the Foundation is limiting the number of Applications they will review to 3,000 from the Class of 2022. We will make a note on the website and our social media pages if and when this limit is approaching.
The Selection Committee will select 100 Finalists to receive face-to-face interviews in the Fall of 2022 (typically at the Applicant’s high school). Recipients of the Cameron Impact Scholarship will be announced in December 2022.
Recipients of the Cameron Impact Scholarship are required to attend an annual Cameron Impact Scholars Award Ceremony and Summit for the 4-year duration of the Scholarship.
IMPORTANT: Applicants are strongly advised to submit their application well in advance of the final deadline. The Foundation assumes no responsibility for an applicant’s technical submission issues encountered on the final due date.
Recommendations and Transcript may be uploaded directly within the Application when prompted, OR e-mailed directly to the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit only two Recommendation letters.
Note: PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED OR CONSIDERED.
To know more about Cameron Impact Scholarship, please visit official website:
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible to apply to the Cameron Impact Scholarship?
We are currently accepting applications from the high school graduating Class of 2024. US Citizens who have an unweighted GPA of a 3.7 or higher are eligible to apply. The Foundation is specifically looking for candidates who have displayed strong evidence of leadership, involvement in extracurriculars and community service, and who want to make a positive impact on the world around them.
What is the application deadline?
APPLICATIONS WILL OPEN FOR THE CLASS OF 2024 ON FEBRUARY 1ST
EARLY APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 19, 2023 at NOON Pacific Time
REGULAR APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 8, 2023 at NOON Pacific Time
What is the difference between the Early and Regular Application deadlines?
We review all eligible Applicants fully and fairly, regardless of when they apply. However, there are some benefits to applying early.
- We limit the number of Applications we will review to 3,000. We guarantee any eligible Early Applications will be reviewed, however, if we exceed our limit of 3,000 applications by the Regular Deadline, we cannot guarantee a submission will be reviewed. We will make a note on our website and on our social media platforms if we are approaching this limit, to notify prospective Applicants;
- Early Applicants will find out if they have received a Finalist Interview in June, rather than in the Fall – which is the case for the Regular Applicants;
- We award 75-100 Finalist Interviews each year. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, and the Interview slots filled in the Early Application Round determine the number of Interview slots that we have available for Regular Round Applicants; and
- We receive the majority of our Applications for the Regular Application Deadline.
What does the Cameron Impact Scholarship cover?
The Cameron Impact Scholarship is intended to cover the full tuition and ‘qualified educational expenses’ (as defined by the Internal Revenue Service) at the recipient’s chosen collegiate institution. ‘Educational expenses’ vary amongst higher institutions, but the Scholarship is intended to cover tuition, fees, and books. The Cameron Impact Scholarship does not cover Room and Board.
How many scholarships are awarded each year?
10-15 Cameron Impact Scholarships are awarded each year.
Will I be notified of my status even if I am not selected for an interview?
The Foundation notifies all Applicants of their status, regardless if they receive a Finalist Interview or not. We notify Early Applicants by June 30th, and Regular Applicants are notified by October 31st. Sometimes, correspondence may end up in SPAM. You are welcome to contact us at email@example.com to inquire about the status of your Application.
My school does not use a 4.0 scale – how do I calculate my GPA?
The Cameron Impact Scholarship requires a minimum unweighted GPA of a 3.7 or higher. If your school does not calculate on a 4.0 scale – you may convert your GPA according to the following scale:
Are there word limits to the essay prompts?
YES. All word limits are clearly noted in the Application. The Selection Committee will not review a response beyond the allowable word limits.
Do I need an official copy of my Transcript?
NO. An unofficial Transcript will suffice.
Who should I ask to write my Recommendations?
We require two (2) Recommendations:
- One must be from a school affiliated personnel (teacher, administrator, counselor, coach, etc), and
- One must be from someone who has made a significant impact on your life. (This may be a school affiliated personnel if they fit under the ‘impactful’ umbrella for you. Please do not include a recommendation from a parent or legal guardian).
May I submit more than two Recommendations?
NO. If we receive more than two recommendations, we will only review the first two in the order that they are received.
Can my Recommendation writers submit the Recommendations directly to the Foundation?
YES. Recommendations may be e-mailed to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. These need to be received prior to the deadline to be included in the Applicant’s file.
I forgot to submit my Transcript and/or Recommendations with my Application. What should I do now?
If you did not include your Transcript and/or Recommendations in your Application – you may have them sent to us via e-mail at email@example.com. These MUST be received by the deadline or your submission will not be considered complete or eligible for review. We do not offer any extensions.
I am receiving an error message when I try to submit my application. What do I do?
If you receive any error messages- please make sure you have all of your information saved in Word or a similar program to prevent loss of data. Error messages are most commonly due to an embedded cookies issue on your web browser. The easiest solution is to try an alternative browser altogether (if you were using Safari, try Chrome, etc). Another solution would be to disable cookies and clear your history.
This is a very common issue for applicants who are using school computers.
If you continue to experience issues, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we may better assist you. Please note that we do receive a high volume of calls and e-mail as we approach the application deadlines. We respond to queries in the order we receive them.
***IMPORTANT: Applicants are strongly advised to submit their application well in advance of the final deadline. The Foundation assumes no responsibility for an applicant’s technical submission issues encountered on the final due date.
I have an update I would like to share with the Foundation – may I update my application?
Our system does not allow you to edit or update an Application once it has been submitted. If you have updates or information that you feel will be additive to your submission, you are welcome to e-mail us at email@example.com. If your submission is still under review, we will make a note in your file.
Did my Application go through?
Our system does not allow you to view an Application once it has been submitted. You are welcome to verify with our admin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My reference was unable to provide a Recommendation by the Deadline- what should I do?
We do not offer any extensions. Please remember to give your References plenty of time to complete a Recommendation.